When entering the DELIVERED status, it is important that it is set based on true data.
However, there may be a situation when this status is set by mistake and the shipment is returned to you, and then you have no choice but to issue a return document.
The return document is a tool for balancing in accounting. When the DELIVERED status is entered, the goods are purchased by MALL and it is therefore necessary to resolve this situation (the incorrectly set status Delivered) with a credit note. This process will link your credit note to the order in question.
Because the status DELIVERED is final and cannot be changed, a return document is issued for goods with the incorrectly set DELIVERED status with a request for a credit note which is then sent to your e-mail.
The credit note must be sent back to our Operations team within 14 days of sending the request.
If you are using an automatic credit note within the self-billing service, you will not be sent a request to create a credit note, but the credit note will be issued by the system after the return document is created and can be found in the MALL Partner Portal under the Billing tab.
If you receive a request from our colleagues in Operations to send them a credit note in such a situation, where the DELIVERED status has been entered incorrectly without the physical delivery of the shipment to the customer, you need to issue a credit note as soon as possible to get the flow of money and goods back on track.
Without a credit note, we cannot refund the customer and therefore prompt cooperation from you is required.
It is no longer possible to change the DELIVERED status in your MALL Partner portal for the given order.
The return document may also apply to a situation where only a partial shipment has been delivered to the customer.
In this situation - an incomplete shipment - there are two possible ways to proceed:
- Send the missing goods to the customer at your own expense - this means that the DELIVERED status for the entire shipment is set correctly and there is no need to return any money to the customer.
Send such goods directly to the customer to their address listed in the order details, not to MALL.
- If the goods cannot be delivered (you do not have them in stock), it is necessary to cancel this undelivered part of the shipment with a return document.
Our Operations colleagues will send you a request for a credit note, which will be used to refund the customer for that part of the shipment.
The return document has a number series starting with 47*.
The following must be entered on the credit note:
- the number of the order in question
- the number of the return document 47* sent to you in an email by our colleagues
- an amount equal to the purchase price between MALL and your e-shop (the price from the website without VAT, reduced by a percentage of the Selling Price - see the term according to General Terms and Conditions of MALL Partner)
- multiple orders and return documents can be listed on one credit note
- on the credit note, please also state the cost of delivery and cash on delivery fee