This article will serve as a guide for the correct settings of your products in the new design when using manual input. Below you will find the description of each field, how to fill them correctly and other important details.
You can also watch our instructional video (only in Czech)
This section allows you to manage your products - create, edit, copy and delete products.
When clicking on the "New Product" button (at the top right), you will see a form where you need to fill in product information.
To categorize products correctly, it is necessary to determine to which category your product belongs.
After selecting a category, it will automatically appear in the "Basic data" section and at the same time a sorting parameter will be added to the "Parameters" section. Without this parameter the product will not be displayed on our website.
More detailed information about categories, sorting parameters and their values can be found here.
There are two ways how you can choose from open categories:
- The browser will display available categories and subcategories from which you can choose
- You can click through the subcategories to the final one (they follow the sorting parameters, which are automatically displayed in the "Parameters section" after selection).
Categories with a lock symbol are not available for you, therefore you cannot choose this category for your product.
You can only click through the categories which are written in bold text.
After selecting the final category, the entire category path will be shown, and you can access the "Basic data" section. Now, you can continue with setting the product.
The "Basic" tab is divided into several fields which need to be filled in so that your product set up will work correctly.
When saving the product, unfilled mandatory fields are displayed in red and it is necessary to fill them in before saving again.
- Product Name – Do not enter the brand name in the product title as it is automatically added to the front of the name from the „Brand“ field. We recommend writing a general product title, which is easy to look up (e.g. toy car) + basic features of the product (e.g. remote controlled). Enter any specifics that characterize the product with the maximum number of 200 characters.
- Short description – brief description of the product with the maximum of 300 characters. It should be a continuous text without bullets or paragraphs. Each sentence begins with a capital letter and ends with a full stop. The short product description should be shorter than the long product description. Both – short and long description – should not include any links to websites other than MALL/Mimovrste.
We recommend using keywords as a general product title (e.g. long-sleeved shirts). The product will be easier to look up.
- Long description - The long description should be structured using bullets and paragraphs. It is not possible to use colored headings, text or a link to your site. If you place other links in your text, make sure they work properly and do not lead to a non-existent page.
The long description should be structured properly, a confusing block of text is unacceptable. Maximum number of characters is 13,000.
It is possible to insert a picture or video into the long description.
The image can only be inserted into the description by copying it. You can copy more images into the description, but we recommend up to a size of approximately 100 KB / image, otherwise there may be a situation that the long caption incl. images exceed 13,000 characters and the product will not be saved and displayed on our website.
The video can be added to the long description by inserting the URL of the link, then the video is automatically recognized and inserted into the gallery. We recommend placing the video at the end of the long description.
In the long description, it is always necessary to clear the formatting by selecting the entire text and using the "clear formatting" button. This button removes custom styles and ensures that the text shows properly online.
Price and sale offer
- Selling price - price including VAT. The price must not include commission.
- Recommended retail price - RRP - set the RRP for all products. It is very important when launching marketing campaigns. Set the RRP at the same or higher price than the sales price. Higher RRP price will be crossed out on the website and the sales price will appear as promotional.
The RRP should correspond to your real retail price and must not be misleading for the customer.
- VAT - it is necessary to fill in the correct VAT for the product according to the given country, regardless of whether or not you are a registered VAT payer.
- Here you can set a promotion, which will be displayed online on the product detail as a "Sale" label. To use the promotional price, it is necessary to fill in the validity period. The beginning of validity can be set at the earliest from the following day (e.g. we set the promotion on 15th of June, therefore the beginning of the promotion validity cannot be earlier than 16th of June).
- In this field it is possible to add the product labelsuch as "New", "Recommended" or "Sale". Each label must also be marked with the same validity period as the special price.
In the process of possible further editing of the product, it is necessary to remove or update the expired label or special price. Otherwise, the changes you make on the product will not be saved.
Labels and promotions are not compulsory.
- In this section, all images are uploaded to the product, including variant images.
The main image must be on a white background without watermarks, other descriptions, brand names and without a frame. It is advisable to use more than one image with the maximum number of images being 20.
Use the "star" symbol to mark the main image of the product.
The recommended resolution is 1280 x 1024 px, the maximum limit is 2000 px. The minimum image size is 100 KB and the maximum size is 2 MB.
Supported formats are JPEG, PNG, GIF.
You can also choose the order of the images, just transfer the image by clicking and dragging it to the desired position.
Guidelines for new energy labels
- in the partner portal in the product editor in the "Basic" tab it is necessary to insert one corresponding image into the "Information sheet" and "Energy label" fields
- fill in the parameter Energy category
- check that all product texts (descriptions / name) contain the correct information
- Product ID - is your internal product ID. Combinations of a maximum of 50 characters, allowed characters are: _, -, 0-9, a-z, A-Z (underscores, hyphens, numbers zero to nine, lowercase and uppercase letters without accents).
- BRAND - here you select the tag ID using the whisperer. If your brand has not yet been created on the MALL website, please send us a request for creation from MALL Partner portal. The brand will then be created and the appropriate Brand ID will be sent to you, which you will fill in this field. The brand is important for matching products to Google Ads, Heureku and Zboží.cz
- Category ID - Here you will find the individual categories that you have open. If you have products that you have nowhere to include as an aid, an Excel file called category tree or in the previous section "Categories". Here you will find our complete tree of all active categories. If you are unable to find a suitable category in our tree, please contact us via FAQ.
- EAN - has a precisely defined form - 13 numeric characters. EAN has a fundamental influence on the pairing of products on Google Ads, Heurek and Zboží.cz and thus the possibility to reach more customers.
If your EAN has 14 numeric characters, enter it as 13 digits without the 0 at the beginning. If you have a shorter 8-digit EAN, add as many 0's to the beginning as needed to fill the 13 characters.
- Priority - The system automatically sorts products using an algorithm that works on the principle of the number of clicks, traffic and sales of the product. This is an obsolete element that still needs to be filled in, but is not taken into account at all. Fill in the value 1 in the field. We are currently working on removing it.
Shipment and packaging
- In stock – the number of pieces in stock. In order to purchase a product, you need to have a stock availability of more than 0. If the product has "In stock = 0", the product will appear inactive online and it won’t be possible to purchase it. The number of pieces should correspond to the actual number of items in your warehouse.
- Availability - number of days (Delivery delay - in days) - represents the real time interval of delivery of the order to the end customer from the moment the order is created by the customer. The partner sets the value with the number of working days.
It is also possible to set it in delivery. If you wish to edit / display the same delivery date for all products, leave Availability for product 0 and set the delivery time only in delivery settings. For specific exceptions, you set the Availability for the appropriate number of days directly at the product. The delivery delay for a product / variant takes precedence over the delivery delay set in the delivery settings.
- Free delivery – after checking this box, free delivery is set for the product. If it is left blank, the conditions that are set in the delivery settings will apply.
Currently, this feature is not fully accessible, please do not use it yet, we are still working on it.
If you want to offer free delivery for certain products, you can use the FDEL label settings.
- Package size – smallbox / bigbox must be filled in. These values pair the product with carriers. It is therefore necessary to have the same values set in the delivery tab as well as for the product.
Approximate package dimensions
- This section is used to determine the dimensions of the package. These values are considered when offering the type of carrier, depending on the size of goods. The dimensions of the package must correspond with weight levels that can be set in the delivery tab.
Each category has a certain set of parameters. Here you will find all the parameters of the given category that can be filled in. You select individual values from the whisperer that the portal offers you. The system evaluates other entered values as invalid.
For some categories, the sorting parameter can also be pre-filled here (see chapter "Categories" above), do not delete it, otherwise the system will evaluate it as an error.
If the customer uses filters, the product without the filled in parameters will be excluded from the list of products. To support sales, we recommend filling in as many parameters as possible.
If you have a suggestion for a new parameter or value that is absolutely necessary for you, please contact us via FAQ.
Below you will find an example of how to create variants for a product (e.g. colour – here you specify more colours and check the "Variant product" box at the end of the line). How to proceed with variants is described further in this article in the section "Variants".
If the product does not have any variations, you can go to the Related Products section, see below.
After filling in the variation parameters, a list of variants, which you can further edit, will show in this section.
Using the downwards arrow symbol on the left side of the product, the variant data will show and can be filled in.
It is necessary to mark the main image of the given variety with the "star" symbol and at the same time mark other images of the variety using the "tick" symbol.
Recommended products allow you to offer other related products from your portfolio (e.g. to the main product bicycle, you can assign other products, such as a helmet, gloves and others).
In the "Search" bar, you will be offered a list of your products that can be chosen.
Recommended products cannot currently be used for variants, but only for the main product itself. This tab is optional.
The process of product creation is completed by pressing the “Save” button.
If any part is incorrectly filled, you will see a red error character. When you save the product successfully, the product goes through processing and will be displayed online.
Additional features in the product list
The created product can be edited by clicking on the "eye" icon in the list of products.
The list of products also gives the opportunity to quickly edit the price and availability for given product or it's variations.
Copying a product
Once you created a product, it can be copied to create a new product, see further instructions here.
Deleting a product
The product can be removed by clicking on the "bin" icon. Within 10 minutes, the product won't be displayed online anymore.
How the product looks online can be viewed by clicking on the "square" icon. To view the product, you need to be logged into your Sandbox account, which can be found in your partner portal in the section Partner – Sandbox account.